Full-time MTN Nigeria: Officer, Treasury Operations Recruitment
MTN Nigeria – The leader in telecommunications in Nigeria, and a part of a diverse community in Africa and the Middle East, our brand is instantly recognisable. It is through our compelling brand that we are able to attract the right talents who we carefully nurture by continuously improving our employment offerings even beyond reward and recognition.
The Job : Officer, Treasury Operations
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
- To analyse, authenticate, execute, confirm and record all company-wide financial payment as well as Manage Stakeholders in the payment process to Achieve Optimal Results in the Best Interest of the Company
- Ensure that processing of payment instructions meet MTNN’s PPP, IFRS, IAS, GAAP Standards, Exchange control regulations, as well as audit and regulatory requirements.
- Ensure all inflows from collection account to main account and all outflows such as bank charges, interests, etc, as advised by the bank statement, are properly booked on IFS.
- Process and co-ordinate payment instructions via e-payment platform or manual instructions depending on the nature of transaction.
- Prepare book cheques and transfer instructions on IFS and prepare confirmation letters showing details of cheques issued.
- Review payment requests submitted for processing, ensuring they are supported by relevant and approved documents in line with MTNN’s PPP.
- Safeguard company’s assets by minimising risks of losses through adherence to approved standards.
- Prepare reports periodically according to reporting deadlines.
- Ensure customer satisfaction in execution of payment processing by complying with agreed timelines.
- Ensure value is created through effective stakeholder management
- Continuously seek self-professional development to sharpen skills and capabilities in a versatile and evolving digital landscape.
- Foster active collaboration and relationships with employees across all levels and divisions in line with MTN’s VB and values.
- Normal MTNN working conditions
- May be required to work extended hours
- Open plan office.
Requirements, Experience & Training
- First degree in Finance related degree is desirable.
- Fluent in English
- Part qualification in any recognised professional accounting examinations (ACA, ACCA, CPA, CIMA, etc) will be an added advantage.
- 3 – 7 years’ experience in an area of specialisation; with experience working with others
- Experience working in a medium organization
- Numerate and analytical skills.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Effective communication.
- Time management.
- Personal Effectiveness.
- Creative thinking.
- BA, BEd, BSc or HND.
How To Apply