Full-time NNPC/TOTAL: 2020/2021 MIT-Empowering the Teachers Program Recruitment
MIT- Empowering the Teachers (MIT-ETT), a teaching – focused fellowship offered by MISTI at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) together with its corporate partner NNPC/TOTAL invites applications for:
The Job : 2020/2021 MIT-Empowering the Teachers Program
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
- MIT-ETT enables Nigerian faculty in science and engineering to experience a semester at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT).
- Selected fellows will observe instruction in their disciplines and work as a group under the guidance of MIT faculty member to prepare innovative curricula and approaches to teaching that can be introduced into their home universities on their return.
MIT-ETT will select a number of outstanding young faculty fellows from the disciplines of electrical engineering, computer science, computer engineering, mechanical engineering, chemical engineering and petroleum engineering from Nigerian universities to spend a semester at MIT either in the Fall 2020 (September-December 2020) or in the Spring 2021 (February-May 2021).
During their semester at MIT, the selected faculty will observe at least two classes similar to ones they themselves currently teach (including lectures, recitations and tutorials). They will work on new curricular materials and teaching approaches for adoption in their own classes, they will attend two weekly MIT-ETT seminars, one which will focus on curriculum design and the other will introduce the faculty to MIT cultural aspects such as: Online teaching, problem solving, entrepreneurship, public speaking, networking, and more.
- MIT-ETT welcomes applications from all qualified faculty who are:
- Interested in developing new curriculum and teaching methods and consider themselves to be change-agents;
- A faculty member holding a PhD and teach in a department corresponding to Computer Science Electrical, Mechanical, Chemical or Petroleum Engineering at a university in Nigeria;
- Lecturer One rank.
- MIT-ETT will cover basic travel, living and instructional materials expenses of the participants.
- The home universities of the successful applicants will commit to provide paid leave of absence during the period of the MIT program.
Application Closing Date
8pm EST; 1st November, 2019.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- ETT applications for the 2020-2021 academic year must be submitted online through the above link. If this is your first time visiting the registration web page, please click the green “Register” button at the top right and create a SurveyMonkey Apply account. When creating an account make sure to choose “Empowering the Teachers” in the “Applicant Type” field. The email address and password you use to register will be used throughout the application process. At any point before the deadline, you will be able to save your work and log back in at a later date to continue from where you left off.
- If you already have an account and you would like to continue your application, click the “Log In” button when the page opens, enter your account information, and resume your application.
- To learn more about the registration or application process, reference the ETT Application User Guide.
- Applications will be thoroughly vetted
- An MIT committee will establish a list of top candidates. Candidates in Nigeria will be interviewed in Abuja by MIT faculty and representatives of NNPC and TOTAL during the last week of January, 2020 Selected candidates will be notified of their date and time in early January 2020.
- If you have further questions about the application or this system, please contact: [email protected].