Full-time Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC): Logistics Technical Assistant Recruitment
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, emergency food security, and water, sanitation and hygiene sectors.
The Job : Logistics Technical Assistant
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Ref. nr.: 4104916187
Location: Gwoza/Pulka – Borno, Adamawa
Travel: Some travelling must be expected
- NRC is looking for a Logistics/Procurement Technical Assistant for our field office in Gwoza/Pulka, Adamawa State in Northern Nigeria. The purpose of the Logistics/Procurement Technical Assistant is to support programme activities in Gwoza/Pulka, Adamawa State
- NRC initiated country operations in Nigeria in June 2015, in order to respond to the critical and increasing needs in the country. NRC currently has a full team based in Maiduguri and a coordination office in Abuja. NRC is currently providing services across various sectors namely; Shelter and Non-Food Items (NFI); Water, Sanitation and Hygiene Promotion (WASH); Food Security; Information, Counselling and Legal Assistance (ICLA) and Education in order to address identified humanitarian needs.
- The Logistics Technical Assistant reports to the Logistics Officer.
- Ensure that vehicles are used and maintained according to Logistics Handbook and other NRC policies
- Plan, schedule and monitor transport of staff and material/equipment according to demands and procedures
- Ensure that NRC generators in Mubi are maintained on regular basis and prepare requisitions for spare parts for vehicles & Generators
- Responsible for the receipt, storage and dispatch of all assets from the Gwoza/Pulka Office ensuring that proper documentation is maintained for same.
- Ensure that assets are tagged and all asset movement is tracked in the Asset Register
- Assist the Logistics Officer with Physical Asset count, preparing of Logistics and documents as may be required.
- Be responsible for the procurements within the location
- Ensure all drivers adhere to NRC logistics and drivers’ procedures
- Compile and submit monthly vehicle utilization and carpool reports
- Secure that NRC vehicles are equipped with necessary documents and equipment
- Ensure that all vehicle records and reports including logbooks, accident report etc are filled appropriately.
- Keep log of the generators and ensure that fuel consumption is monitored and recorded appropriately
- University degree in related field
- Knowledge of the local market
- Knowledge of local language (Hausa, Kanuri)
- Previous (1yr) experience working in a Logistics department (preferably NGO)
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- High level competence in computer skills (Microsoft office Applications)
- Administration / Organisation / Management
- Social science
- College / University, Bachelor’s degree
- Handling insecure environment
- Planning and delivering results
- Empowering and building trust
- Communicating with impact and respect
- A good sense of humour is an asset
- All employees of the Norwegian Refugee Council should be able to adhere to our Code of Conduct and the four organizational values: Dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable.
- Commencement: ASAP/September 2019
- Duration: 4 months(One year renewal)
- Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s general directions. Grade level 4, Step 1
- Duty station: Gwoza/Pulka, with occasional travels. Travel outside Gwoza/Pulka is dependent on changing security conditions, especially for certain roads in the area.
- Approved health certificate will be requested before contract start.
How To Apply