Full-time Ongoing Recruitment at BUA Group
BUA Group is a leading Foods & Infrastructure Conglomerate in Nigeria with diversified investments spanning key sectors of the Nigerian sector. At BUA, we hire collaborative problem- solvers with a self-motivational drive from all backgrounds and provide training, unlocking opportunities to advance in your career path within the organization. Become a part of a supportive, trusting and caring community with unrivaled prospects for growth.
The Job : Procurement Manager
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
- Analyze the purchase request from the user departments and determine the appropriate method of procurement, Quotation, Tender and Request for Proposal. Provide assistance to user departments, when required, in the preparation of specifications, etc.
- Collaborate with departments, vendors, and technical experts in preparing specifications for Quotations, Tenders, Proposals and Supply Agreements in a clear and concise manner.
- Coordinate the preparation of the procurement documents, utilizing sound sustainable procurement best practices, while adhering to the company’s corporate policies prior to issuing the RFQ/tender.
- Coordinate the negotiation of quotations/tenders for the purchase of goods and services for the company.
- Identify opportunities for collaboration with major suppliers for greater consistency and efficiencies in the Procurement process.
- Schedule, organize and facilitate Job-Site and/or Pre-Bid meetings related to Quotations, Tenders and Proposals.
- Conduct an in-depth analysis of all bids received in response to each Tender, Proposal and Quotation to identify the response that best meets the needs of the user department.
- Prepare contract/LPO with vendor and maintain contract after award, ensuring that all documents are kept current and complete. Confer with suppliers regarding delivery, quality, etc. to ensure that the requirements are met.
- Monitor contracts/LPOs and vendor performance and consult with vendors and/or user departments to implement corrective action when required.
- Arrange for samples, testing and evaluation of new products.
- Develop and formulate purchasing procedures and practices as required.
- Participate in the annual reporting process for budget requirements, including monitoring and tracking of all outstanding orders.
- Perform audits of Procurement processes to identify problem areas and/ or high usage commodities where pricing agreements may benefit the organization.
- Perform audit and analysis of vendor performance against expectations and maintaining confidentiality of vendor information.
- Participate in specialized projects and assignments related to procurement, as required.
- Arrange and implement Supplier development strategies.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Management Sciences or other related field
- Master’s Degree/MBA will an added advantage
- Membership of relevant Professional Association (CIPS, NIPS etc)
- 10 and above years’ experience in Procurement & Supply Chain Management
- Excellent knowledge & Use of SAP Materials Management (MM).
- Able to use MS Office tools
- Good Oral & Written Communication
- Strong leadership skills
How To Apply
Candidates should send their Application to: [email protected] using the Job Title as subject of the email.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates would be contacted.