Full-time Operations Coordinator at Bourbon Interoil Nigeria Limited
Bourbon Interoil Nigeria Limited, a leading international player in marine services, Bourbon offers to the most demanding oil & gas clients worldwide a full line of innovative, safe, high performance and new generation vessels and an expanded offer of offshore oil & gas services.
The Job : Operations Coordinator
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Location: Onne Base, Rivers
Job type (offshore/onshore): Onshore
Contract type: Permanent Contract
- Realize all administrative operations activities to support the Operation manager:
- Contribute to incident investigation and prepare related reporting
- Coordinate the vessels calls and changes
- Support operations manager / director in operations activity
- To assist Operations Manager to ensure safe operational standards for all Bourbon Fleet
Description and Expected Outcome / Performance Indicators
- Responsible for supporting the management of all vessel and crew documentation
- Responsible for realizing reports and BOURBON dashboards updating all the data bases
- Interface with the vessels and collect daily reports from them
- Interface with technical department to collect information on planed maintenance days for vessels coming in for repairs
- Assist with voyage planning for vessel departing and arriving at the port.
- Prepare Fuel Consumption Variance report for the fleet
- Maintain maintenance days’ database
- Maintain temporary importation database
- Maintain monthly fleet fuel consumption log; Vessels Lifting & Rigging Registers
- Assist Operations Manager with internal OVID and OVMSA Inspections
- Liaise with QHSE on vessel internal audits
- Liaise with the Contracts Manager(s) as regards on hire and off hire certificates and maintain the on and off hire database.
- Support Operations Manager as required to ensure Safe Operations of Vessels,
- Support Crew Compliance & Cost Optimization
- Liaise with Vessel Masters regarding any issue with Government Agencies
- Liaise with Intels, through the Logistics Manager, regarding BINL vessels in port
- Follow up, arrange and record Ship Sanitation certification and Potable Water analyses
- Liaise with the Vessel Master regarding collection of relevant documentation from vessels as required
- Assist the Operations Manager with information on the status of new arriving vessels for TI’s, Inward clearance and Vessel familiarization
- Maintain Vessel Flag & Class Certificates database
Qualifications, Skills and Experiences
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nautical Sciences; Maritime or a degree in any related field of study or equivalent combination of experience and education in the oil and gas, offshore or marine & Logistics Sector.
- Fluency in English. Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Leadership and management skills are essential in Operations Management and must be able to demonstrate previous experience of managing people, including performance assessment.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills is essential will be required to analyze operational data to help improve efficiencies and to also predict operational problems.
- You must be familiar is current computer programs used within the industry
- Minimum 5-7 years’ experience in a similar position in the Marine & Logistics Company
- Experience in using EDI and preparing shipping documents
- Has experience in accident and incident investigation
- Knowledge of security control.
- A team player, with strong collaborative and interpersonal skills with the ability to deal with people tactfully and effectively.
- Self-motivated and able to work under pressure.
- Systematic and careful in handling confidential, critical and technical data.
- Software expertise in Microsoft Excel and Word is essential. Knowledge in other MS Office package is an advantage.
- Thorough understanding of the operations of jack-up barges or rigs preferably in the offshore sector.
- Must have analytical experience, be accurate with statistics and written reports, well organized and exercise sound judgment in decision making.
- Has in-depth understanding of international standards and procedures and makes appropriate decisions based on this knowledge.
Minimum level of education required:
- 3 – Bachelor’s degree (3 years).
Minimum level of experience required:
- 6 – 10 years.
How To Apply