Full-time PHP Developer – Lagos Business School (LBS) Recruitment
Lagos Business School is committed to creating and transmitting management and business knowledge based on a Christian conception of the human person and of economic activity relevant to Nigeria and Africa at large. We strive to be a world class business school which will have a significant impact on the practice of management.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
The Job : PHP Developer
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
- The PHP position is designed to be the technical force behind LBS learning management servers.
- The position will work closely with internal and external stakeholders to maintain the system and build widgets based on instructional and technical needs.
Essential Duties / Key Job Roles and Responsibilities
- Maintain the three Leaning Management server deployed for managing in class and online course delivery
- Deliver cross functional and rapid application development using PhP language
- Work collaboratively with the ICT business unit
- Develop new software web services and APIs for integration into existing systems are delivered to the requirements of the business, the integrity of the live environment is protected, and ensure a thorough understanding of the underlying databases is maintained.
- Use collaboration and software management tools and programming best practices to ensure development is managed a controlled environment as standard practice.
- Ensure the accuracy and availability of documentation on systems architecture, configurations, procedures and service support documentation.
- The ongoing monitoring of technology performance and identify risks and opportunities for improvement, communicating the impact of any changes to IT systems to the business
- Bachelor’s degree or HND in Computer Science or Computer Engineering field preferred; Bachelor’s in other fields considered with experience in instructional design fundamentals
- 2-3 years Experience in in web development and PHP. Any additional computer language experience is a plus.
- Expertise in Moodle, Google Drive (including Google Docs and Sheets), Microsoft Word, and PowerPoint.
- PHP certification desirable but can be obtained after employment
Competencies and Skills for the Role:
To be successful in the role the candidate would be required to demonstrate the following:
- Meticulous, detail-oriented, and analytical
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to quickly learn new technical skills
- Ability to work well in a collaborative team atmosphere
- Strong work ethic
- Ability to manage time well and meet deadlines as needed
- Good typing skills.
Technical Skills Requirements:
- Expertise in Moodle development and support
- Expertise in CSS, HTML5, database structure
- Familiarity with other computer languages
Application Closing Date
30th November, 2020.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CVs to: [email protected] Please indicate the job title as the subject of the email.
Only short-listed candidates shall be contacted. LBS offers equal employment opportunity