Full-time PrisDav Consulting for a Media Organisation Recruitment – Copy Editor
PrisDav Consulting – Our client in the Media sector is currently recruiting suitably qualified candidates for immediate employment in the position below:
The Job : Copy Editor
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
- Proofread text and correct spelling, grammar, and punctuation errors.
- Carry out research and verify factual correctness of information, such as dates and statistics.
- Check text for house style, readability, and adherence to editorial policies.
- Arrange page layouts of photos, articles, and advertisements.
- Rewrite text to improve clarity and readability.
- B.Sc/B.A in English, Mass Communication
- 3-5 years editing experience
- Has a good knowledge of news room work ethics
- Exceptional ability in writing and editing
- Creativity: Copy editors must be curious, creative, and knowledgeable about a broad variety of topics.
- Good judgment: For non-fiction pieces, copy editors must determine whether enough evidence exists to report on a story, and have a strong grasp of the ethics of certain stories.
- Detail-orientation: A main task of the job is to make written work error-free, and to ensure that it matches the publication’s required style.
- Interpersonal skills: Good communication and interpersonal skills help editors communicate with tact and encouragement to writers.
- Writing skills: Copy editors must be able to write clearly and with good logic, and ensure that content has correct punctuation, grammar, and syntax.
Application Closing Date
3rd December, 2019.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Note: Please do not apply if you do not qualify as only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.