Full-time Production Manager – Owens and Xley Recruitment
Owens and Xley is a business consulting and advisory company. We offer strategic services in the areas of business advisory, business development and planning to small businesses that would otherwise not have access to the technical competencies available to bigger companies. We know the role good planning plays in any business and its associated costs, and the initial capital challenges faced by small a business, which is why we have developed solutions which ensure that the small business owners still have access to the technical skill but at a fraction of the cost. We aim to help entrepreneurs and small business owners get better business results with less cost.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
The Job : Production Manager
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
- As the production supervisor, you ensure the production team achieves the set goals by communicating expectations, planning, monitoring, and evaluatingproductionresults. Enforces company policies and guidelines.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervise the sterilization of all equipment and deep cleaning
- Supervise and participate in the production process
- Ensure proper handling of raw materials that are used for the production process
- Manage production schedule
- Fill requisition form
- Handover finished product to the inventory team
- Receive materials from the warehouse
- Feed raw materials into the machine for the production
- Responsible for the filtration process
- Change the filtration sheet as and when due
- Produce products like aloe vera gel, turmeric soap, toners, calming body butter, shampoo, turmeric body butter, turmeric body soap, kiddies liquid soap, and in-process of soap from scratch to finish.
- Communicate production objectives and standard operating procedures, to team members, with a strong emphasis on safety and sanitation.
- Participate in the hiring process of team members.
- Maintain a positive and professional work environment.
- Clearly define and communicate production expectations to team members.
- Set daily/weekly/monthly goals, communicating them effectively to team members
- Monitor production output and ensure for conformance to policies and specifications
- Conduct 1st level quality control
- Maintain set production standards
- Enforce standards of cleanliness.
Production Area Condition:
- Maintain the overall organization of the production area including all fixtures, storage, work stations, freezers, and coolers.
Machinery and Equipment Maintenance:
- Commit to safety regarding the use of equipment
- Oversee and schedule maintenance of production equipment
- Onboard new production team members, and also give instruction on safety, e.g. how to safely use machinery and follow procedures
- Implement and ensure compliance with good manufacturing practices
- Prepare daily production report and send to the business director.
- Communicate any problems or obstacles to the business director.
Qualification and Experience
- 3 – 5 years’ work experience in a similar role
- B.Sc. or HND in a related field.
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent communication and verbal skills with the ability to train, and lead people positively and professionally.
- Strong organization, time management, and multi-tasking skills.
- Proven work experience as a supervisor or similar role
- Strong sense of urgency
- Keen attention to details
- Ability to stand for a long period of time
- Great team player
- Self control
Application Closing Date
20th April, 2021.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should apply by sending their CV to: [email protected] using the job role applied for as the subject of the mail.