Full-time Risk Manager – Sahara Group Recruitment
Sahara Group is a leading international energy and infrastructure conglomerate founded in 1996 and headquartered in Lagos. Sahara Group has business operations across the energy and infrastructure value chain including the upstream, midstream, downstream, power, real estate and infrastructure. We deploy our deep knowledge and insight into the African energy and infrastructure sectors to seek out entrepreneurial opportunities based on which we develop market leading businesses. Our vision is to become “the provider of choice wherever energy is consumed”.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
The Job : Risk Manager
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
- The Risk Manager will play a critical role in establishing the framework for evaluating and monitoring the Enterprise Risk management techniques across the Sahara entities in different locations.
- Key deliverables include providing a holistic view of the key risks that affect the businesses and identify business opportunities
- Collaborating with various Sahara entities to identify, assess and implement robust risk mitigation strategies.
- Support in streamlining various business processes and establish more effective internal controls to drive profit maximization and reduction of costs
- Facilitate the standardization and uniformity of the business processes across the Group
- Promote a risk-aware culture within Sahara business locations
- Design and implement an overall risk management process for the organization, which includes an analysis of the financial and non-financial impact on the company if a risk crystalizes.
- Identify potential regulatory and non-regulatory risks through thorough and ongoing risk assessments with relevant business leads.
- Liaise with the business to identify Company / team specific risks to maintain & update the Business Risk Assessment.
- Evaluate identified risks against a variety of information & factors (e.g. documents / statistics / reports / trends) to provide commentary and recommendations about how to mitigate these risks;
- Drivee service levels from the Risk & Compliance function to ensure that the operational risk needs of the business are serviced appropriately, through maintenance / reporting and controls of key areas;
- Establish a comprehensive enterprise risk management framework across all jurisdictions.
- Identify and manage the Company’s operational risk priorities.
- Ensure the risk priorities are effectively addressed through a regular testing program of the standard policies, procedures, systems, and controls.
- Initiate action to address any gaps or deficiencies identified during the remediation process.
- Provide insightful, quality reporting to internal Boards, Committees, and other key stakeholders to support risk processes.
- Manage the completion of the Annual Risk & Compliance Staff Declaration.
- Contribute to Risk Committee meetings on current risk issues and developments.
- Maintain an open and productive relationship with the Company’s insurers.
- Overseeing and testing the Group Business Continuity Plan.
- Develop, monitor, and maintain a Group Risk register for the Board.
- Update the Board on recent developments around global risk management practices.
- Conducting policy, process, and compliance reviews, which may include liaising with internal / external auditors.
- Evaluate employees’ risk awareness and provide support and training within the company where necessary.
- Draft the Risk management plan, risk training strategy, and the continuous awareness program.
- BSc / BA in Finance, Accounting, Law, Social Sciences, an IT course or a related field.
- Minimum of 7 years Risk Management experience in a managerial/supervisory position.
- Experience with auditing and reporting procedures
- Sound knowledge of Sarbanes Oxley (SOX), the Committee of Sponsoring Organizations of the Treadway Commission (COSO) Integrated Framework, Fraud and Anti-money laundering Frameworks.
- Strong experience in the analysis of business metrics and the formulation of Key Risk and Performance Indicators
- Technically strong with good IT ability.
- Excellent relationship management skills – proven experience of building internal & external relationships, through strong interpersonal and team working skills
- A relevant Risk Management qualification (E.g., Professional Risk Manager – PRM) is an advantage.
- Executive Directors
- Managing Directors and Business / Unit Heads
- Head-Group Audit , Risk, HR and other Heads of entities, and staff
- Service providers, Vendors and Consultants
Application Closing Date
How To Apply