Full-time Security & Safety Coordinator – Sahara Group Recruitment
Sahara Group is a leading international energy and infrastructure conglomerate founded in 1996 and headquartered in Lagos. Sahara Group has business operations across the energy and infrastructure value chain including the upstream, midstream, downstream, power, real estate and infrastructure. We deploy our deep knowledge and insight into the African energy and infrastructure sectors to seek out entrepreneurial opportunities based on which we develop market leading businesses. Our vision is to become “the provider of choice wherever energy is consumed”.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
The Job : Security & Safety Coordinator
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
- The Security and Safety Coordinator helps oversee and coordinates the day-to-day safety operations of Sahara Group. The role is responsible for the safe and secure operations, as well as, for executing company-wide safety policies to comply with OSHA and other applicable regulations.
- The role will effectively and efficiently manage the security and safety function companywide which includes crisis management planning, emergency response, strategic input and coordination to harmonize Sahara Security and Safety Policies, Processes, and Procedures towards ensuring efficient & effective security Operations.
- Collaborates with management to develop, prepare, and implement safety and security policies and procedures.
- Submits recommendations for improvements and additions to the safety management program including emergency preparedness, accident prevention, general safety, and risk management.
- Coordinates the safety and security programs to promote and ensure a safe working environment.
- Coordinates Executive Protection, Travel Security and Protocol Service-Coordination of Airport Activities.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of safety and security programs.
- Reviews current safety training and recommends revisions, improvements, and updates.
- Stops operations and activities that could harm staff or equipment.
- Identifies opportunities to minimize workplace injuries, accidents, and health problems.
- Shares environmental safety information with appropriate levels in the organization.
- Plan and Implement OHS policies and programs
- Advises and leads employees on various safety-related topics
- Prepares daily, monthly and quarterly report and other office documentations.
- Prepares and implements departmental budget.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local safety laws, regulations, codes, and rules.
Minimum Requirements / Experience
- University Degree is required. (Preferably Associates degree in Law Enforcement or Business Management).
- Minimum of 12 years of cognate experience in security management, 5 of which must be in senior officers’ cadre of the Police / Military / Intelligence agency.
- Extensive knowledge of company safety policies and applicable Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) standards.
- Candidate must demonstrate good knowledge and capability to analyze and forecast security and political dynamics in Nigeria.
- Strong security and intelligence assets for government engagement and stakeholder’s management will be an added advantage.
- Candidate must be able to drive and have a valid drivers license.
Knowlege & Skills:
- Ability and willingness to work long and irregular hours.
- Persuasiveness, decisiveness, detail-conscious and integrity.
- Flexibility, drive, assertiveness and stress tolerance
- Strong project management skills in order to manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office – Word, Excel and PowerPoint is essential.
- Good Communication skills
- Confident, energetic, articulate, customer-centric and hardworking team leader with a desire to excel and a passion for work.
- Executive Management
- Head of Security and Safety
- External Stakeholders
- Government Agencies
- All Staff
Application Closing Date
How To Apply