Full-time Sellafield Energy Resources Limited: Instrumentation/Calibration Engineer Recruitment
Sellafield Energy Resources Limited is a leading provider of resources and services to Nigeria’s energy sectors. The company has within a short time emerged as a reference point in the sourcing and provision of personnel, technology, equipment and general materials, amongst other critical resources to our growing number of clients in oilfields and power plants operations.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
The Job : Instrumentation/Calibration Engineer
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers, Nigeria
- This position is responsible for maintenance, test, and repair of field instruments and also ensure that instruments, gauges and testing devices are calibrated correctly to give accurate readings.
- Formulate a plan, review and analyse preventive maintenance strategy for the equipment instrumentation in order to achieve highest efficiency of the activities for reliable and safe operation.
- Maintenance and calibration of field instruments like, Transmitters (PT/TT/LT/FT), metering system, Loading system, control valves, ESD valves, SCADA and Automation systems and Fire and Gas detectors.
- Preparation of calibration procedures for various instruments.
- Provide technical advice during troubleshooting and corrective action of instrument breakdown or failures to find the root cause and best solution in order to restore the functionality back to normal.
- Planning and follow up of critical spares list by monitoring spare parts and inventory for critical instrumentation to ensure availability when required in order to minimize production interruption. Establish new inventory/catalogue where necessary. Update information in the inventory to ensure it is relevant for the current operation.
- Forecast and prepare budget for instrument related activities i.e. maintenance, shutdown and project for consolidation into department yearly Work Program and Budget (WPB). Monitor budget utilization closely and provide justification for variance.
- Identify, study, propose, and implement area for improvement (project) in the field of instrumentation engineering to enhance operation and improve total equipment reliability.
- Commissioning of instrument systems by carrying out hot and cold loop checks.
- Formulate and calculate uncertainty of measurements for different calibration jobs.
- Performance of functional testing on ESD systems and instrument.
- Populate inputs into Computerized Materials and Maintenance Management System (CMMMS) to ensure data and history of equipment maintenance activities are captured accurately.
- Provide inputs to maintenance planner with regards to instrument maintenance activities for his consolidation into SAP PM Plan.
- Collaborate in the analysis of operating modes and the updating of operating norms and procedures.
- Conduct on-the-job calibration training for new calibration staff. Supervise and groom Junior Instrument Engineers to develop his technical knowledge, skills and competencies in order to produce potential talent for future business needs.
- Participates in safety training, on job training, firefighting exercises and use of fire /safety equipment.
- Prepares all reference standards to be used in performing calibration as well as all necessary documents before and after calibration.
- Any other duty that may be assigned by Line Manager
- Bachelor Degree/HND in Electrical, Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering disciplines.
- Minimum of seven (7) years’ working experience in in instrumentation maintenance in oil and gas sector downstream or upstream.
- Proficient to the codes and standards in the oil and gas industry i.e. API, BS, ISO, ASME, ANSI, IEC, ISA, IEEE, etc.
- Knowledge of Maintenance Management System
- Strong communication skills with well-developed interpersonal and visible leadership capability;
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
Application Closing Date
How To Apply