Full-time Senior Health System Strengthening Advisor at Malaria Consortium
Malaria is highly endemic in Nigeria and it remains one of the leading causes of childhood and maternal morbidity and mortality in the country. Nigeria is deeply committed to making progress towards the achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals and it recognizes the fact that, without firm efforts to control malaria, achievement of the targets related to child mortality, maternal mortality, and reducing the burden of communicable disease will not be possible.
The Job : Senior Health System Strengthening Advisor
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Malaria Consortium is recruiting for a Senior Health Systems Strengthening Advisor to join our team in the Abuja office of the SuNMaP 2 Project.
The Senior HSS Advisor will provide technical leadership on all aspects of health systems to improve the quality of service delivery in both the public and private health sectors using malaria as entry point into the health system at Federal and State levels.S/he will lead the design and oversight of interventions which use the WHO health systems framework and Malaria Consortoium’s approach to health systems strengthening to facilitate changes to embed and institutionalize SuNmaP 2 into the Nigerian Health System at the Federal, State and LGA levels. The position holder will work closely with the project team and Short Term Technical Assistants (STTA) ti implement evidence-based approaches to achieve the project’s outcome.
The successful candidate will have:
- A post-graduate degree in public health or development related field with focus on health systems strengthening approaches;
- A minimum of 8-years experience working in a technical role and an excellent understanding of health systems;
- Significant experience in intervention design and implementation of large scale health projects;
- Familiarity with the challenges and opportunities of strengthening health systems in Sub-Saharan Africa (SSA);
- Experience with value for money measurements;
- Familiarity with the Nigerian health systems; inlcuding planning and budgeting processes at the Federal and State levels;
Please be informed that ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
To view the full job description please click on the link below:
How To Apply