Full-time Senior Manager, Global Health Partnership – West Africa Recruitment at Pfizer Nigeria
Pfizer – Good health is vital to all of us, and finding sustainable solutions to the most pressing health care challenges of our world cannot wait. That’s why we at Pfizer are committed to applying science and our global resources to improve health and well-being at every stage of life. We strive to provide access to safe, effective and affordable medicines and related health care services to the people who need them.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
The Job : Senior Manager, Global Health Partnership
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job ref.: 4764828
- The Global Health Partnership (GHP) Account Lead – West Africa, will help enable successful commercial access programs in West Africa for Pfizer’s Prevenar 13 program with Gavi the Vaccine Alliance, Clinton Health Access Initiative partnership on oncology treatments, and Gates Foundation partnership on Sayana Press.
- In addition, the lead will help provide country expertise and insights across West Africa to help inform the potential for new above country donor funded partnerships that will contribute to the GHP team mission of “improving the health of the underserved through partnerships that enable broader access to Pfizer’s medicines and vaccines”.
- The West Africa Account Lead will directly contribute to help pull through of accounts that have a value of potentially more than $80 million in annual sales in 2019 and include approximately 10 countries across the western part of sub-Saharan Africa.
- The lead is a key member of the GHP team that enables access to Prevenar 13, Sayana Press, Depo Provera, a sub-set of Oncology products and future BD opportunities to countries across the Emerging Markets through partnerships with key public health stakeholders.
- The lead will report to the GHP Lead who is based at NYHQ and is part of the Emerging Markets Leadership Team within the Pfizer Biopharmaceuticals Group. In addition, the role will collaborate and work very closely with the overall Africa Gavi Account Lead in Nairobi and the New Business and Sayana Press Account Lead in New York.
Stakeholder engagement – internal & external:
- Collaborate with and lead matrix teams of various regional and local colleagues, such as: PGS, regulatory, PHI, commercial, market intelligence, medical, legal, etc. to inform, seek and/or solve issues related to GHP products/programs implementation
- Enhance partnerships with regional/local colleagues (e.g. Clinton Health Access Initiative (CHAI) local colleagues) and other relevant external partners including local Health Authorities and ensures that Pfizer is positioned as an innovative and ethical provider of public health care solutions
- Key account development – Establishing Pfizer’s relationships in the Gavi countries with country immunization program implementers (EPI managers) and UNICEF country officers to enable mid and long-term success of Pfizer’s PCV 13 Gavi business in Gavi eligible countries in Francophone Africa.
- Understanding and developing long-term plans to influence national decision frameworks for maintenance of PCV 13 programs as well as new PCV 13 introductions.
- Active member of the Vaccines, Family Planning, Oncology and New Business GHP team committees
- Works closely with the GHP Category/Portfolio Lead in New York in managing the category at the regional/country level.
- Collaborates on an ongoing basis with PBG Regional Therapeutic Area Leads and Country Brand Leads and Country Category Leaders and Country Managers to support successful execution of GHP programs across West Africa
Business Strategy & Program Execution:
- Manage all budget and operations related to Pfizer-sponsored GHP initiatives in West Africa.
- Accountable for tailoring and implementing Vaccines/Family Planning/Oncology/New Business tactical programs and portfolio specific customer/stakeholder experiences to meet regional/local needs
- Enhance partnerships with immunization program implementers and vaccine technical committees, in partnership with Medical, in PCV13 countries at risk for switch to PCV10.
- Engage EPI and vaccine technical committees from PCV 10 (Synflorix) countries with the aim of introducing Prevenar 13 into the national immunization programs based on evidence driven decisions.
- Identify and prioritize partnerships with local and regional academic societies to advance the importance of preventing pneumococcal disease in Gavi eligible countries to include on-going heath care worker training needs.
- Management of the operational delivery of PCV 13 volumes into the West African under the PCV 13 Gavi program as well as issues management, including engagement of Ministries of Health staff to ensure forecasted demand materializes.
- Support the implementation of last mile delivery initiatives in Francophone African countries with low vaccination rates through partnerships with selected CSOs.
- Collaborate with local vaccines commercial teams in engaging countries’ vaccination program managers and vaccination technical committees, in partnership with Medical, to support successful transition of PCV 13 countries from partial to fully self-financing models for their vaccines.
- Establish and track key performance indicators for partnerships and investments to ensure desired impact is being achieved while making recommendations on enhancements as needed to support optimal business performance
- Identify new regional/local market opportunities based on customer’s needs & literature searches in alignment with the GHP vision and purpose.
- Understanding of the critical importance of working with integrity and achieving goals in a compliant way
- Experience partnering successfully with external stakeholders to achieve common goals
- Expertise in complex problem solving and building support for new approaches to doing business
- Understanding of global public health environment and related stakeholders and willingness to develop expertise in partnering with related stakeholders
- Previous experience in one or more of the following areas is critical: family planning, oncology, vaccines, access challenges, public health impact strategy
- Ability to work seamlessly across people of many backgrounds, motivations, cultures, languages and time zones
- Experience influencing others to find common ground and advance collectively toward a shared goal
- Previous experience working with country colleagues as well as the key cross-functional partners including Commercial, Corporate Responsibility, Legal, Medical and Regulatory functions is desired
- Capable of working thoughtfully in ambiguity, without complete information, to meet an objective
- Ability to work effectively across a highly matrixed organization while identifying the need to adequately engage with functions relevant to achieving business objectives around a common purpose
- Excellent communicator, both verbal and written, to internal and external audiences, including those with opposing viewpoints
- Proven ability to be both strategic and forward thinking to plan for the future as well as tactical to enable successful execution of short-term goals
- Prior track record of success collaborating with commercial teams to generate new business
- Experience working successfully with external agencies to create narrative for brand or business is key
- Established ability to prioritize the allocation of resources in order to achieve a defined set of objectives is important
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in the pharmaceutical industry
- Must be bilingual in French and English. Other languages (e.g., Portuguese) a plus.
- Ideal candidate has had experience working in different cultures and countries
- Prior commercial / P&L responsibility preferred
- Bachelor’s degree required; Advanced degree preferred (MBA, MPH, MD, PhD etc.)
- Non-standard work schedule, travel or environment requirements
- International travel required up to 20%
Application Closing Date
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Pfizer is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.