Full-time SIMS Nigeria Limited: Head, IT Recruitment
SIMS Nigeria Limited – We specialize in the assembly, distribution and sales of consumer electronics from major brands such as – Samsung, Panasonic, Royal, Skyworth, Electrolux, Bosch, Philips and Powermatic.
Our business started out in 1987 and since then we have grown to be a market leader in the home appliances & consumer electronics market in Nigeria. We operate a number of branches that cut across most of Nigeria’s geopolitical zones in major cities such as Lagos, Port-Harcourt, Abuja, Onitsha, Enugu, Uyo and Kano.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
The Job : Head, IT
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
- The Head, IT is responsible for planning and executing strategies for the IT department in alignment with the corporate objectives of the organization.
- Reports To: Executive Director (Operations)
- Supervises: ERP Manager, IT Officers/Administrators
- Grade: M3 – M5
- Lead the IT Department in operational and strategic planning and budgeting, including fostering innovation, planning projects and resource allocation.
- Diagnose and ascertain technology requirements; make recommendations for the improvement and growth of the IT infrastructure and systems.
- Develop business cases and undertake cost-benefit analysis to justify or support IT spending and initiatives.
- Evaluate and propose technological solutions relevant to the business; ensure that technologies deployed and enhancements to infrastructure and business applications align with business goals
- Provide expert advice on relevant technology tools and best practices.
- Provide suggestions for enhancing IT value and performance as well as recommend IT improvements and tools for competitive advantage
- Work with stakeholders to define business and system requirements for technology implementations.
- Provide periodic and ad-hoc reports to support management decision making.
- Develop and implement robust IT policies and procedures and ensure organization-wide adherence to established policies and procedures
- Identify, assess and manage IT risks; ensure security of data, information and systems.
- Responsible for the development, planning and implementation of the Orion Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system.
- Responsible for evaluating and recommending changes to current and future ERP system processes to meet organizational needs and ensure proper business solutions and accurate results are achieved.
- Responsible for the development of the Orion ERP practice methodologies as well as procedures and reports to identify and resolve data integrity issues.
- Responsible for developing creative solutions for all IT/ERP related problems.
- Manage vendors and service providers, and ensure all products and services are delivered according to agreements and specifications.
Key Performance Areas:
- IT Planning & Advisory.
- Technology Acquisition & Deployment
- IT Management & Compliance.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree or HND in Computer Science or Engineering/related field.
- Experience leading and managing a group of ERP/Database analysts on Orion implementation projects will be a significant advantage.
- An MBA/MSC and IT certifications will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 10 years’ IT work experience with a minimum of 5 years extensive ERP Experience.
Key Skills & Competencies Requirements
- Demonstrated broad ICT & business knowledge; database management, business application configuration; IT support knowledge and skills
- Information Technology Management
- Strategic Planning & Management
- Problem-solving and analytical skills
- Project management, organizational and time management skills
- People and relationship management skills
- Communications and interpersonal skills.
- Results oriented.
- Creative & Innovative
- Cultural awareness.
Application Closing Date
How To Apply