Full-time SME Officer at Baobab
Baobab is an investment company whose mission is to create a group of leading microfinance banks and finance companies in at least 15 countries by 201 5 that will provide financial services and savings products to entrepreneurs who lack access to the traditional financial sector. Baobab was created in July 2005 by PlaNet Finance, and other investors including International Finance Corporation, AXA Belgium, and Societe Generale, with the European Investment Bank, the French Development Agency and Developing World Markets joining later.
The Job : SME Officer
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Locations: Abuja & Kaduna
Supervisor: Reporting to Head SME Manager.
- SME Loan Officer is responsible for processing loan applications for SME and corporate clients, as well as monitoring the loan portfolio
- Duties and Responsibilities
- Prospect new clients and assists them for loan application.
- To analyze and interpret financial statements of the business in order to access the repayment capacity and financial soundness of the borrower.
- Conducts loan appraisal and collects detailed information (personal, business, and guaranties) and arrange to opens new loan account.
- Prepares and execute loan contracts and arrange for disbursement of loan in kind.
- Have good knowledge about guidelines of regulatory body and able to prepare loan reports for internal and external use.
- Monitors the loan and follows up of the timely repayment.
- Maintains contact and maintain good relationship with client.
- Ensure full compliance with all in-place Baobab policies & procedures and with audit recommendations.
- Good understanding of business processes.
- Ability to communicate and to maintain good relations with the client.
- Good presentation skills and excellent courteous attitude; social concern.
- Ability to work in confidentiality; ability to work in the field.
Skills and Specifications
- At least 1-2 years prior experience in credit department in commercial banks or any financial sector.
- Bachelor degree in Banking & Finance or Accounting
- Organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Negotiation and internal relationship building.
- Sound written and verbal English communication skills.
- Advanced computer skills (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Analysis and reporting skills.
- Proficient typing skills.
- Problem solving and decision making.
- Applicants must reside within the region they are applying for.
How To Apply