Full-time SPIE Oil & Gas Services: Turbines Specialist/Senior Site Supervisor Recruitment
SPIE Oil & Gas Services (part of the SPIE Group) provides a complete range of services to some of the world’s largest oil and gas companies through its network of offices in 25 countries across Africa, the Middle-East and Asia-Pacific.
Our turnover has more than doubled in the last few years thanks to the dedication of our 4,000 employees to whom we give training, recognition, and genuine opportunities for career development. In order to support this growth, SPIE Oil & Gas Services is always seeking talented individuals to join its teams.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
The Job : Turbines Specialist/Senior Site Supervisor
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers, Nigeria
Reference number: 2019-13872
- This is an opportunity for you to be responsible and to complete maintenance activities on power turbines by planning, organizing, and controlling projects; completing quality inspections; supervising sub-contractors and staff.
Your main duties will be to:
- Accomplishes human resource objectives by selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising job contributions; adhering to policies and procedures.
- Manages sub-contractors by locating, evaluating, and selecting sub-contractors; monitoring and controlling performance.
- Meets operational standards by contributing maintenance information to strategic plans and reviews;
- Meets maintenance budget by monitoring project expenditures; identifying variances; implementing corrective actions; providing non-project annual operating and capital budget information.
- Accomplishes maintenance project results by defining project purpose and scope; calculating resources required; establishing standards and protocols; allocating resources; scheduling and coordinating staff and sub-contractors; evaluating milestone assumptions and conclusions; resolving design problems; evaluating and implementing change orders.
- Maintains safe, secure, and healthy work environment by following and enforcing standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations.
- Updates job knowledge by tracking and understanding emerging construction practices and standards; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Enhances organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Ideally you will have a Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering from a recognized and approved program.
- Minimum 10 years work experience in Contract Management/ Site Supervision in maintenance or energy projects.
- Extensive experience working in power turbines project – experience in SOLAR is a plus
- You will have good interpersonal and organizational skills, as well as, a good level of computer literacy and be proficient in Microsoft Office.
- You will need excellent communication and presentation skills in both written and verbal English.
- Study specialisation: F-Engineering, manufacturing, construction
- Minimum level of experience required: 10 years or more
- Languages: English (C-Professional working proficiency).
Application Closing Date
How To Apply