Full-time United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF): Driver Recruitment
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfil their potential. Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
The Job : Driver
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Location: Maiduguri, Borno, Nigeria
Job Number: 522196
- Under the general supervision of the Administrative Associate and general supervision of the Senior Driver, Driver at G-2 level will provide reliable and safe driving services, demonstrating the highest standards of professionalism, discretion, integrity, sense of responsibility, excellent knowledge of protocol whilst ensuring compliance with local driving rules and regulations.
- The Driver demonstrates a client-oriented approach, high sense of responsibility, courtesy, tact and the ability to work with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
Key Functions, Accountabilities and related Duties/Tasks
Reliable and safe driving services for staff and officials:
- Drives office vehicles for the transport of UN staff, officials, visitors and delivery and collection of mail, documents and other items.
- Meets official personnel and visitors at the airport and may assist with basic visa and customs formalities and arrangements when required.
Maintenance of assigned vehicle:
- Ensures vehicle is kept in good running condition at all times through addressing minor repairs, making arrangements for major repairs, timely changes of oil, check of tires, brakes, water levels, and car washing.
Documentation of vehicle related information:
- Ensures availability of all the required documents/supplies including vehicle insurance, vehicle registration, vehicle logs, office directory, map of the city/country, first aid kit, and necessary spare parts in the assigned vehicle; keeps track of insurance and other tax formalities.
Minimum Qualifications, Experience, Skills and Competencies Required
- Education: A secondary education is required, along with a valid driver’s license and knowledge of local driving rules and regulations.
- Experience: A minimum of two years of work experience as a Driver in an international organization, embassy or UN system with a safe driving record is required.
- Language Requirements: Fluency of the local language of the duty station as well as proficiency in English is required.
- Good knowledge of the city, local roads and conditions where the office is located
- Knowledge of driving rules and regulations, chauffeur protocol and courtesies
- Skills in minor vehicle repairs
- Ability to deal patiently and tactfully with visitors
- High sense of confidentiality, initiative and good judgment
- Ability to work effectively with people of different national and cultural background
Core Values and Competencies Required
- Diversity and inclusion
- Communication (Level I)
- Working with people (Level I)
- Drive for Results (Level I)
- Analyzing (Level I)
- Learning and Researching (Level I)
- Planning and Organizing (Level I)
- Following Instructions and Procedures (Level I)
How To Apply