World Health Organization (WHO): National Consultant – Support the Costing and Validation of Human Resources for Health Strategic Plans Recruitment
World Health Organization (WHO) is the directing and coordinating authority for health within the United Nations system. It is responsible for providing leadership on global health matters, shaping the health research agenda, setting norms and standards, articulating evidence-based policy options, providing technical support to countries and monitoring and assessing health trends.
The Job : National Consultant – Support the Costing and Validation of Human Resources for Health Strategic Plans
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Job ID: 1904751
Grade: No grade
Contractual Arrangement: Individual service contractor
Contract Duration: 30 days
Organization: AF_NGA Nigeria
- The “Enhancing the Ability of Frontline Health Workers to Improve Health In Nigeria” project funded by Global Affairs Canada is in the process of plans to support the Department of Health Planning, Research and Statistics (DHPRS) of the Federal Ministry if Health Nigeria in reviewing the NHRHSP 2016 – 2020 and align the country’s HRH strategy to the Global Human Resources for Health: Workforce 2030, African Regional Framework For The Implementation Of The Global Strategy On Human Resources For Health: Workforce 2030, National Health Policy 2015 and NSHDP II, as well as cost the interventions needed to actualize the strategy
- Further support is being provided to Bauchi and Cross River States to also review their HRH policies, develop HRH strategic plans and cost the interventions needed to actualize the strategic plans.
- The purpose of this consultancy is to support the costing and validation of the HRH strategic plans for national and Bauchi and Cross River States.
- Inception report with clear methodology for the assignment
- Costing of the NHRHSP 2020 – 2025, Bauchi State Human Resources for Health Strategic Plan 2020 – 2025 and Cross River State Human Resources for Health Strategic Plan 2020 -2025
- Validation of the costed plans
- Finalize post-validated versions of all costed documents.
Required Skills, Qualifications, and Experience
- University Degree in Public Health, Global Health, Epidemiology, Biostatistics or other relevant Degrees
- Advanced University Degree in Public Health, Global Health, Epidemiology, Biostatistics or other relevant degree is an asset
- At least 5 years’ demonstrable experience in health policy and strategy costing at International, national and state levels using the One Health Tool
- Familiarity with current debates and approaches to Universal Health Coverage and health systems strengthening work within the local, state, national and international arena
- Extensive Knowledge of Nigeria’s health system
- Demonstrable ability to provide sound methodological and technical advice and guidance to multiple stakeholders and partners in Nigeria
- Demonstrable ability to work effectively with government stakeholders at various levels.
How To Apply